Goals for the new UI:
- Show pictures of the levels!
- The level files are pretty small, so these are all rendered locally. It just downloads each file and renders out a screenshot.
- Pictures for users. I'm using GeoIP flags at the moment, because I don't really want to deal with custom avatars, and I like the international flavour it gives.
- I hope people are cool with the flags. If it said what city you connected from, that'd probably have to be opt-in for privacy's sake... but I feel like countries will be OK. I'm sure I'll hear about it if people disagree.
- Better discoverability of levels. The old UI only showed about 12 new levels, and you couldn't scroll or anything.
- Full keyboard, mouse & gamepad support.
- Full international text input support. CEF did this well. Might be harder without it, but I think it's important.